Security equipment delivers reliable energy solutions to support Latin America’s cable and broadband network expansion
BELLINGHAM, WA – Alpha Technologies, a worldwide designer and manufacturer of advance power systems, today announced it will showcase its broad range of security products, from enclosures to internal and external security devices, and its industry-leading power supplies at ABTA 2015 taking place in São Paulo, Brazil, August 4-6.
Cable and broadband networks in the Latin American region, including Brazil, are experiencing significant growth, resulting in investment in new equipment. Protecting that investment against vandalism and theft is an important industry concern.
When equipment is not properly protected, it means some of Brazil’s 20 million pay-tv subscribers could go without service while providers are left working overtime to make repairs.
Taking a proactive approach in protecting equipment and deterring problems is more cost effective than to replacing or repairing it after an incident.
To address this industry need, Alpha Technologies (booth F5) will demonstrate a wide range of security products to help deter or prevent equipment tampering, including:
- Enclosures, including the high security PWE-3 HSHP – engineered for broadband powering applications, featuring interior latches and hinges, 2-point latch locking system, welded tabs and a flush surface design to minimize external vulnerabilities.
- Internal anti-theft devices, including door tamper-switch intrusion alarms for remote status monitoring and reinforced security bars for battery trays and power supplies.
- External anti-theft devices, including a perimeter surveillance camera with mounting bracket and PoE insertion kit.
- Enclosure security bar kit with heavy-duty reinforced steel construction, swing-away hinged design and enclosed padlock housing, and generator security bars.
As broadband networks continue to expand in the region, network power reliability becomes increasingly important. Alpha’s industry-leading power solutions can withstand extreme weather conditions and improve energy efficiency in the outside plant.
At the show, Alpha Technologies will feature the following rugged and reliable broadband power products:
- XM3-HP, an uninterruptible power supply featuring leading-edge efficiency ratings, enhanced protection levels and the tightest output voltage regulation ever offered.
- XM2-300HP, a compact broadband power supply known for its small footprint, lightweight and highly efficient 300 Watts of power; suitable for powering traditional loads as well as sensitive electronics.
- Telecommunication-grade indoor UPS FlexPoint Series1208-F, 1215 and 1232, Alpha’s fiber power solutions.
Alpha Technologies will also showcase a new solution that enables deployment of Wi-Fi and other peripheral hardware along the outside plant. And the OutBack Power FLEXpower ONE is a compact, integrated, easy-to-install, pre-wired system for renewable energy applications with small to medium power requirements. The FLEXpower ONE features an advanced design that delivers pure sine wave power. Other items on display include Alpha batteries, surge protection equipment and transponders.
Alpha Technologies Inc. provides the communications industry with powering solutions used in cable television, communications and data networks worldwide. Alpha provides a full line of power products including standby, non-standby and uninterruptible power supplies, surge suppressors, enclosures, batteries and powering accessories. To learn more about what we’re doing, go to www.alpha.com for news and product information. You can also follow us on Flickr, Twitter and Facebook.