Products exemplify company’s leading industry role in the evolution of cable
SANTA CLARA, CA – October 8, 2013 –Aurora Networks, Inc., the number one optical access solution provider for cable operators, will showcase new products that continue defining the evolutionary path from HFC to Fiber Deep to fiber-to-the-premises (FTTP) at this year’s SCTE Cable-Tec Expo taking place from October 22-24 at the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta. The show will also serve as the largest unveiling of the newly integrated Harmonic optical transmission equipment that was acquired earlier this year.
Aurora Networks’ solutions enable operators to create optical transport infrastructures and access networks that evolve with residential and commercial deployments. The new technologies that will be unveiled at the show will deliver the capacity, flexibility and services needed to not only meet customer expectations for today, but also for the future. This enables operators to gradually adapt their networks to capitalize on new opportunities, while reducing capital costs and operational overhead.
In addition, Shridhar Kulkarni, product manager, access network solutions, Aurora Networks, will present a paper, “SDN (Software Defined Networking) for Cable Access Networks,” in the IP Networking track on Monday, October 21 from 1:15 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. and Thursday, October 24 from 4:00 p.m. to 5:15 p.m.
Aurora Networks will display its products at booth #1944. Leading experts from the company will be on-site to discuss industry trends and answer questions on solutions and technologies.
What Aurora Networks Says
“Aurora Networks continues to be at the forefront of the cable industry’s evolution by creating long-term strategic growth opportunities, such as the acquisition of the Harmonic optical transmission equipment business,” said John Dahlquist, vice president of marketing, Aurora Networks. ”We are eager to showcase not only the technologies we offer, but the support that we have dedicated to enable cable operators to stay competitive in today’s rapidly changing market.”
Aurora Networks Solutions at the SCTE Cable-Tec Expo
- Truly Universal Digital Return™ – With the industry’s first 5 to 85 (100) MHz software-upgradeable platform, Aurora Networks will dedicate an entire display to its truly Universal Digital Return Platform. Operators will learn how they can continue with 5 to 42 MHz today and then, with just a press of a button, have a digital return system which will support higher splits and different operating configurations.
- Smart Node Solutions – Featuring Aurora Networks’ entire line of nodes, now including the PWRBlazer™ series. The depth and breadth of the smart node solutions lead the industry, emphasizing Aurora Networks’ multiple platforms to support multiple applications.
- High-density Transmitter Solutions – Resulting in reduced power consumption and rack space requirements for customers. applications.
- OBI-free™ RFoG Solutions – The industry’s only standards-based solution that solves the acknowledged issue of optical beat interference. This is the only solution today which supports the seamless transition to a PON deployment by complying with the SCTE RFoG standards; ensuring the longevity of the architecture and maximizing a cable operator’s return-on-investment.
- Distributed Broadband Access Architecture – Featuring the industry’s first Node QAM technology, this architecture extends the digital headend domain out to the fiber node. It is capable of delivering any mix of services- broadcast, narrowcast, cable IPTV, and DOCSIS®, even in the same QAM channel. This capability enables operators to tailor service migration and growth to local needs and specifications.applications.
- Advanced DPoE™ Solution – Showcasing Aurora Networks’ DPoE solution, seamless and cost-effective PON provisioning.
- Unified PON Access Technology – Combining Aurora Networks’ EPON, GPON and Node PON™ solutions; the complete package, from headend to subscriber including EMS live to show operators the value of this comprehensive platform.
About Aurora Networks
As the number one optical access solution provider for cable operators, Aurora Networks is dedicated to the evolution of the broadband industry by providing optimized solutions that enable operators to accommodate ever-growing capacity needs. Along with its superior customer service and support, Aurora Networks is delivering innovation for the future. To learn more about Aurora Networks’ core solutions, please call 408-235-7000 or visit www.aurora.com.
Aurora Networks and the Aurora Networks logo are registered trademarks and PWRBlazer, Node PON, Universal Digital Return, OBI-free, VHub and Opti-Trace are trademarks of Aurora Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. DOCSIS and DPoE are marks of Cable Television Laboratories. Other marks are the property of their respective owners and are used here only for identification purposes.