- Second edition of Pay-TV Innovation Forum aims to help pay-TV providers, the studios and content owners alike improve their growth prospects and collaborative opportunities
- Global research programme seeks to identify the next generation of services in a variety of areas ranging from OTT to VR, Big Data to advanced analytics, content protection to the Internet of Things
- Activities to encompass global analysis of pay-TV service provider product and service portfolios, in-depth interviews and surveys, regional seminar series and a flagship final report to be presented at IBC 2017
CHESEAUX, Switzerland and LONDON, UK – March 23, 2017 – How will leading pay-TV service providers respond to changing consumer demand and expectations? How can advanced data and analytics enable pay-TV service providers to better serve their customers? What growth prospects lie ahead and how can pay-TV service providers, content owners and the studios work together to best leverage opportunities?
NAGRA, a Kudelski Group (SIX:KUD.S) company and the world’s leading independent provider of content protection and multiscreen television solutions, in collaboration with MTM, a leading international research and strategy consultancy, will address these questions and more at a special launch presentation to kick off the 2017 Pay-TV Innovation Forum at TV Connect in London on Wednesday, March 29 at 12.30p.m.
“Building on the success of and research from the inaugural edition of the 2016 Pay-TV Innovation Forum, we are excited to present the next chapter of this ambitious programme designed to give service providers a comprehensive set of resources they can leverage to continue to innovate and grow,” said Simon Trudelle, Senior Director of Product Marketing for NAGRA. “The 2017 programme will provide deeper insight into specific topics such as OTT TV, VR, Big Data and analytics, content protection and IoT, while expanding its scope to the studios and content owners. We look forward to sharing more details about our initial research findings and the 2017 programme at TV Connect.”
“We are excited to partner with NAGRA once again to explore the next-generation innovation opportunities for pay-TV service providers around the world, expanding on the findings from the 2016 programme,” said Jon Watts, Managing Partner, MTM. “In a time of unprecedented disruption in our industry, the 2017 edition will go beyond the topics covered last year and explore how service providers’ investments in technology are evolving, identify best practices, and outline key success factors. In addition, by inviting studios and content owners to take part in this year’s Forum, we will seek to encourage active discussions and collaboration among all the key players in the pay-TV innovation ecosystem.”
The 2017 programme will run from March to September 2017 and include a global analysis of pay-TV service provider product and service portfolios, in-depth interviews and surveys with leading industry participants, and a series of regional seminars in the United States, Europe and Asia. A flagship final report, summarising the key findings from the programme, will be launched at IBC in September 2017. The programme will cover key topics such as:
- The growth and development of OTT including new direct-to-consumer offerings, pay-TV provider OTT services, and new video offerings from major internet businesses like Facebook and Google;
- The development of mobile-first and VR offerings, as part of the pay-TV ecosystem;
- The changing nature of piracy, exploring new developments across the industry;
- The changing pay-TV consumer experience and the nature of consumer demand;
- The impact of public and private cloud and virtualisation on the development, management and distribution of pay-TV services.
Launched in 2016 by NAGRA and MTM, the Pay-TV Innovation Forum is a global research initiative for senior pay-TV executives, designed to explore and catalyse innovation across the pay-TV industry. For more information on the 2017 edition and key programme dates, please visit the Pay-TV Innovation Forum website.
NAGRA, the digital TV division of the Kudelski Group (SIX:KUD.S), provides security and multiscreen user experience solutions for the monetization of digital media. The company offers content providers and DTV operators worldwide with secure, open, integrated platforms and applications over broadcast, broadband and mobile platforms, enabling compelling and personalized viewing experiences. Please visit dtv.nagra.com for more information and follow us on Twitter at @nagrakudelski.
MTM is a leading international research and strategy consultancy, focused on the media, technology, communications and advertising industries. MTM helps companies understand and respond to digitally-driven change, providing award-winning consumer research and industry analysis, strategic advice and support for organizational change.
For more information, please visit www.mtmlondon.com or email email@example.com.
# # #
Marketing Communications, NAGRA
+41 21 732 09 40
Marketing Communications, NAGRA
+1 415 962 5433
Managing Partner, MTM
+44 20 7395 7510