- The third edition of the Pay-TV Innovation Forum aims to help pay-TV providers and content owners identify opportunities and catalyse collaboration and innovation
- Global research programme will explore new business models and distribution strategies in the OTT era, as well as new technologies, such as voice, analytics, and AI, VR, Smart Home solutions and more
- Activities will include a global analysis of pay-TV service provider product and service portfolios, a wide range of in-depth interviews and surveys with industry experts, regional executive seminars and a flagship final report to be presented at IBC 2018
CHESEAUX, Switzerland and LONDON, UK – March 13, 2018 – NAGRA, a Kudelski Group (SIX:KUD.S) company and the world’s leading independent provider of content protection and multiscreen television solutions, in collaboration with MTM, a leading international research and strategy consultancy, today announces the launch of the 2018 Pay-TV Innovation Forum.
In its third year, the programme will look to address some of the key opportunities and challenges facing pay-TV service providers and content owners. It will explore how pay-TV businesses must transform themselves in the OTT era, which technologies, products and services could help unlock new growth opportunities in a disrupted TV industry, and where service providers and content owners can establish closer collaboration to drive innovation across the industry.
“Building on the success of and research from the first two editions of the Pay-TV Innovation Forum, we are excited to present the third season of this ambitious programme that is designed to provide service providers and content owners with a holistic view of new opportunities and strategies they can pursue to innovate and continue growing,” said Simon Trudelle, Senior Director of Product Marketing for NAGRA. “The 2018 programme will dive into specific innovation areas such business models and distribution strategies, advanced TV services and OTT applications, and related new technologies – voice, analytics and AI, VR, Smart Home solutions and more. We look forward to sharing more insights from our research throughout 2018.”
“We’re excited to be partnering again with NAGRA to explore the next-generation of innovation opportunities for pay-TV service providers and content owners around the world, building on the findings from the first two years of the programme,” said Jon Watts, Managing Partner, MTM. “With disruption and competition intensifying, pay-TV industry participants need to think carefully about new strategies, business models, product portfolios, and technologies that will help them maintain and grow their business. Our themes this year include making skinny bundling work and business transformation, hugely important for the industry. By engaging in an active industry-wide discussion, we are looking to encourage new ways of collaborating and innovating across the industry.”
The 2018 programme will run from March to September 2018 and will include a global analysis of pay-TV service provider product and service portfolios, a wide range of in-depth interviews and surveys with leading industry participants, and a series of regional seminars kicking off in the U.K. on March 19th, followed by Singapore and the United States. A flagship final report, summarising the key findings from the programme, will be launched at IBC in September 2018.
Following a consultation with pay-TV and content industry executives at the start of 2018, this year’s programme will cover key topics including:
- Convergence of pay-TV and OTT services and what that means for businesses and consumers
- Changing consumer expectations and the future of content distribution and user experience
- Advancements in analytics, big data and AI, allowing pay-TV providers to better serve their customers
- Changing nature of piracy and new approaches to content protection in a multiplatform world
- New business models and strategies that will drive the next phase of growth for the industry
Launched in 2016 by NAGRA and MTM, the Pay-TV Innovation Forum is a major international initiative that seeks to explore and catalyse innovation and growth across the pay-TV industry, at a time of unprecedented change and disruption. For more information on the 2018 edition and key programme dates, please visit the Pay-TV Innovation Forum website.
NAGRA, the digital TV division of the Kudelski Group (SIX:KUD.S), provides security and multiscreen user experience solutions for the monetization of digital media. The company offers content providers and DTV operators worldwide with secure, open, integrated platforms and applications over broadcast, broadband and mobile platforms, enabling compelling and personalized viewing experiences. Please visit dtv.nagra.com for more information and follow us on Twitter at @nagrakudelski.
MTM is a leading international research and strategy consultancy, focused on the media, technology, communications and advertising industries. MTM helps companies understand and respond to digitally-driven change, providing award-winning consumer research and industry analysis, strategic advice and support for organizational change.
For more information, please visit www.mtmlondon.com or email email@example.com.
# # #