Cheseaux, Switzerland, and Phoenix, AZ – August 24, 2018 – At IBC 2018, NAGRA, a Kudelski Group (SIX:KUD.S) company and the world’s leading independent provider of content protection and multiscreen television solutions, will demonstrate new propositions and current innovations that address the entire content value chain – from content and service creation to content delivery and consumption. NAGRA’s latest technologies and solutions in end-to-end content value protection, engaging user experiences and smart business operations, will be on display on stand 1.C81 under the theme “Smartly Digital.”
“Pay-TV service providers are at a crossroads between OTT add-on services and true digital transformation, where the lines between pay-TV and OTT are blurring and making way for the ‘post-OTT’ era,” says Ivan Verbesselt, Senior Vice President, Group Marketing, NAGRA. “To grow and thrive, service providers must become ‘smartly digital’ – by embracing cloudification, actively claiming the aggregation role and leveraging data-driven principles to define and evolve their consumer propositions, they can embark on a journey of continuous solution renewal to optimize the next phase of growth in a vastly different competitive landscape.”
NAGRA’s IBC 2018 showcase will feature NAGRA, OpenTV, Conax, NexGuard, and DVnor product lines all under the NAGRA brand. Key demonstration areas include:
- Content Value Protection: from Origin to Consumption featuring cloud.SSP, the new NAGRA cloud-based Security Service Platform, a true multi-tenant solution that elastically scales and flexibly delivers the latest technologies “as-a-service” to pay-TV operators. New NAGRA featured capabilities also include: comprehensive Android TV security; cloud-based Direct-to-TV security with cloud.TVkey, supported by TVkey 2.0; off-the-shelf and flexible Conax CAS and multi-DRM technologies; and the latest developments in anti-piracy services and watermarking to defeat piracy through active security, including a brand-new client-side watermarking solution for OTT, enabling immediate detection and takedown of illicit restreaming of linear or pay-per-view live sports content.
- Internet TV Evolution highlighting a new customer implementation and the latest features of NAGRA’s OTT user experience platform, OpenTV Signature Edition. The platform actively drives multi-generation audience engagement, active content monetization and continuous service evolution. A new Sports Micro Portal enables the delivery of all sports content in one immersive, operator-controlled environment. OpenTV Signature Edition also integrates an Android TV operator-tier solution, enabling easy on-boarding of apps and SVOD services in a unique and operator-branded user experience on a wide range of devices. Addressing specific multiscreen TV needs, demonstrations will also include the Conax GO Live OTT platform, a turnkey end-to-end OTT solution for streaming live TV to Android and iOS devices with a guaranteed deployment time of less than 30 days.
- Smart Business Operations showcasing cloud-based and “as-a-service” technologies and business models to simplify, personalize and improve pay-TV business operations, including: NAGRA Insight, an AI-driven, pay-TV data platform that enables service providers to improve their bottom line, take control of the data they own and create personalized actions that drive business growth; DVnor Organizer, a cloud-based media asset management and its component, the DVnor Collaborative Player, that simplify VOD content workflows and significantly reduce post-production delivery times to address the challenges service providers face with costs, complexity and video quality; both are integrated with NexGuard watermarking to prevent pre-release content leaks.
NAGRA IBC Events and Happenings:
- The Pay-TV Innovation Forum’s 2018 global findings provide the backdrop to NAGRA’s IBC showcase. A flagship report will be released ahead of the show. In its third year, the Forum addresses the key opportunities and challenges facing pay-TV service providers and content owners, exploring the winning strategies, technologies, products and services that could help them unlock new growth opportunities and drive innovation in the ‘post-OTT’ era.
- “Television Heroes @ IBC”: NAGRA will host an exclusive thought-leadership and debate session featuring European industry leaders, followed by a networking event, on Friday, September 14 at 6 p.m. It will explore the digital transformation drivers that underpin “Hero Brands”, from new content partnerships to back office technologies to the adoption of client platforms such as Android TV.
- Awards: NAGRA is a finalist in two categories of the 2018 CSI Awards: “Best Content Protection Technology” with the NAGRA Security Services Platform, and “Best TV User Experience – Product Innovation” with OpenTV Signature Edition. Winners will be announced on Friday, September 14 at 4 p.m.
NAGRA, a digital TV division of the Kudelski Group (SIX:KUD.S), provides security and multiscreen user experience solutions for the monetization of digital media. The company provides content providers and DTV operators worldwide with secure, open and integrated platforms and applications over broadcast, broadband and mobile platforms, enabling compelling and personalized viewing experiences. Please visit dtv.nagra.com for more information. Follow us on Twitter at and LinkedIn.