Archive for category: Apps
How to Print From Any Mobile Device to Any Printer
Why has printing become so complicated?
With printing on the go being such a basic and essential need, users need to overcome the limitations that make printing so complex… With so many printer models and specific printer drivers, each printer essentially speaks its own language. As a result, the various devices people print from can’t communicate with the printers.
ThinPrint Cloud Printer overcomes these limitations as it enables users to print any file type from any device to ANY printer.
Today, ThinPrint Cloud Printer announced that it makes printing wirelessly from anywhere to any printer easier than ever.
With ThinPrint Cloud Printer users can print instantly to any printer in their current Wi-Fi network. The new version of the app automatically shows available Wi-Fi printers and once a printer is selected, the printout is sent directly – without going through a PC or Mac.
For more information, check out the press release here.
EMM: Why Everyone is Getting it Wrong
What do you think the top concern for IT pros is? Most studies or surveys say security. It makes sense, considering the security threats personal devices and an increasingly mobile and remote workforce create. But, the industry has forgotten the purpose behind these devices and remote work: productivity.
Today’s mobility solutions focus so heavily on security that productivity is almost nonexistent.
Cortado announced Cortado Corporate Server 7.4 earlier this week to overcomes this.
Unlike any other EMM solution, Cortado provides the best possible security and productivity. New features and capabilities from Cortado that support this include:
- The only solution to provide completely on-premise internal and external file sharing
- A new user interface designed with complete focus on the user experience
- Document push, which assures all employees have the most recent version at their fingertips
- Expanded VPN capabilities, including always-on and per-app VPN
- Secure user-authenticated mobile printing
- Leverage of the latest iOS business innovations, including defining trusted web and e-mail domains for iOS 8 devices
For more details, check out the press release here.
Internet + Television + Expo = INTX
Since NCTA’s move from The Cable Show to INTX, many have been left wondering, what exactly will this year’s show encompass?
As the IoT has taken off recently, there have been more opportunities to integrate apps into the overall cable video experience. As a result, NCTA has shifted the focus of the show to encompass the growing digital landscape throughout the industry as opposed to just cable. This year’s event will bring the two even closer together to cover the latest happenings in OTT, wireless integration and overall operations.
Here are a few things to expect at this year’s show:
- The show floor, now called INTX marketplace will feature about 300 exhibitors. The area has been “reimagined,” and will feature “boulevards, plazas and circles” at various “intersections.”
- In addition to keynote discussions among top industry executives, the annual Spring Technical Forum will dive deeper into tech than it has in previous years. The lineup consists of 43 technical papers that will be presented at eight different sessions.
- NCTA will also sponsor a 24-hour hackathon, INTXHAK, which will challenge developers to create apps from scratch using the latest APIs, tools, data and content from a huge list of today’s leading tech, media and entertainment companies.
Will you be attending this year’s show? Let us know in the comments below.
Cut the Chaos – “Made-for-Business” Apps Made Easy
Earlier this year, Apple and IBM partnered to transform enterprise mobility. By combing IBM’s big data/analytics capabilities with the iPhone and iPad, a new era in “made-for-business” apps arose. But, a key challenge still haunts the industry: usability.
To manage “made-for-business” apps, many companies turn to practices such as app wrapping. This causes complexity not only for the end user, but the administrator. The result is wasted administration time and efforts and even breaches in security from users who abandon the apps to use their own more simple devices and services.
Enterprise mobility leader Cortado overcomes these barriers. With Cortado Corporate Server, “made-for-business” apps can be managed entirely without complex app wrapping. This provides not only the highest possible security, but the best experience for users and admins alike.
For more information, check out the full press release here.