Company further scales platform by adding over 200,000 unique assets and considerable user experience improvements
LAS VEGAS – Sept. 9, 2015 – CTIA Super Mobility Booth #2422 – Mosaik Solutions, a leader in telecom business intelligence and visualization services, today announced a series of updates to TowerSource, the industry’s largest and most comprehensive independent vertical asset database. The updates demonstrate Mosaik’s steadfast commitment to improve site planning and acquisition strategies for its clients.
“Since the re-launch of TowerSource in April, we have made considerable enhancements to the asset database and user experience,” said John Gilmer, vice president of data integrity, Mosaik Solutions. “By listening to our customers and leveraging our team’s expertise, we are continuing to deliver on our commitment to make TowerSource the best vertical asset inventory resource available. It provides, in a single source, the most complete perspective of the wireless infrastructure landscape with the level of granularity and detail that is needed in this dynamic environment.”
Mosaik has significantly expanded the TowerSource database with over 35,000 additional assets comprising a range of diverse asset types including broadcast and public safety structures. Robust data integrity practices are employed to ensure accuracy and consistency when working with all datasets, including data provided by tower companies, the FCC ASR, and ULS.
TowerSource now includes more than 152,000 distinct public safety site locations as an independent POI (points of interest) data layer. Attributes associated with each location include call sign, address and operator. With massive public-private infrastructure investments being planned, utilities and network operators, and government entities can leverage this information in conjunction with the other datasets within TowerSource to better target efforts to fulfill FirstNet objectives.
Enhancements to the TowerSource user interface provide Professional and Enterprise clients more flexibility and control. Prominent updates include:
- Improved Asset Detail- Asset search now includes filtering company information by owner and manager. Users now have the ability to favorite an asset, save their sessions, and create notes on assets.
- Photo Upload – Users may upload asset photos and select whether to keep each photo for personal use or to make it publicly available to the TowerSource community. Enterprise users have the added ability to mark individual photos as “collaborative” to share with other team members.
- Easily Export Assets – Based on user feedback, TowerSource now provides users the ability to export a company’s complete portfolio of assets, making it easier to perform further analysis outside the TowerSource platform.
- Elevation Analysis Feature – For line-of-site network considerations, such as microwave links, the elevation analysis feature enables users to draw a single or multiple paths from point-to-point to reveal elevation metrics profiles in miles and kilometers, as well as minimum, maximum, standard deviation and elevation difference between the points.
- Enterprise Administration – Each Enterprise license now comes with the administration wizard and dashboard to make it easier to add, delete or modify team members.
Mosaik Solutions announced the acquisition of TowerSource at Super Mobility Week 2014, promising a better way to search and analyze vertical assets. At the time of acquisition, TowerSource was the industry’s oldest privately maintained tower database, operating since 1990. Mosaik’s “reimagined” TowerSource was introduced at PCIA’s Wireless Infrastructure Show in April 2015 with a new user interface and many new features.
Since the launch, TowerSource has become the industry’s largest and most comprehensive independent vertical asset database, attracting hundreds of new users each month. Its unique online interface provides a centralized listing service for vertical asset tenants and owners, speeds search ring site acquisition studies, and facilitates quick and cost effective site deployment for operators.
To learn more about TowerSource and Mosaik Solutions, visit the company’s booth (#2422) at CTIA Super Mobility 2015. To signup for a TowerSource subscription, register online for free at www.towersource.com.
Additionally, Bryan Darr, president and CEO of Mosaik Solutions, will participate in a panel discussion at the co-located Tower and Small Cell Summit titled “Wireless Network Planning, Performance Management and Orchestration” on Wednesday, September 9 at 2 p.m. PT. The co-located event takes place at the Las Vegas Sands Expo Center, in San Polo Room 3501A.
About Mosaik Solutions
Mosaik Solutions builds world-class desktop and mobile applications backed by comprehensive network intelligence. It maintains the most in-depth network coverage and infrastructure database in the world, enabling clients to understand complex market dynamics, improve customer experiences with network performance solutions and track where competitors threaten their best customers.
As an agile team of researchers, creatives and mapping experts, Mosaik develops intelligence solutions that help executives, marketers, engineers and analysts improve marketing and retention programs, competitive network planning and site acquisition efforts. To learn more about Mosaik Solutions, visit www.mosaik.com.