In a couple of weeks, Mobile World Congress, the world’s largest mobile industry tradeshow, is set to welcome more than 95,000 attendees from 200 countries. Its exhibition hall will be the stage to 2,100 companies displaying cutting-edge technologies. Massive numbers aside, the 2016 show theme – mobile is everything – is further evidence of how the mobile ecosystem is encompassing more areas of our everyday lives.
From experts to first-time goers, keeping track of all the show announcements and conference sessions can be a daunting task. To help you get ready, our team put together a list of trending discussions and keynotes that are on our must-see list.
- Leading Keynotes: from automakers to players from the finance industry, the 2016 keynote line up offers an opportunity to hear the likes of Ford, MERCEDES AMG Petronas Formula One team, MasterCard and PayPal discuss their take on mobile
- Value of Wearables: as connected devices gain traction across all industries, expect experts to debate the value of wearables in the enterprise
- Defining 5G: there will be no shortage of conversation around 5G, as the industry continues to drive IoT adoption
- Product Announcements: with so much attention on MWC, Barcelona has become the favorite spot for industry players to announce new products. According to some recent articles, expect Samsung, Xiaomi, LG and HTC to unveil new gadgets.
- Connected Women: GSMA has a series of topics and networking opportunities designed to drive greater inclusion of women in the telecom and mobile industries.
To make sure nobody misses the keynotes and industry highlights, the MWC organization has announced that all keynote sessions will be streamed live. Are you attending MWC or planning to follow the action online? Tell us what has caught your interest at MWC.